Sunday, February 26, 2012

Waiting for Tessa in Seoul!

We live in Songtan about an hour and a half (4+ hours in traffic) from Seoul.  The base here does not have the facilities to deliver babies at 38 weeks they send you to an army post up in Seoul to wait for your baby to arrive.  Carlie was about 2 weeks early so we thought we should head up there to be ready.  During the first week of our stay our friend Sarah came with us and brought her daughter Miriam to keep us company and watch Carlie if Tessa decided to arrive early. Most people don't bring their kids with them (I guess they have friends watch them?) I couldn't imagine being without Carlie for that long.   The second week my sister Gwenie came out and stayed with us!
We were all getting a bit impatient waiting for the arrival of Tessa - we stayed in a hotel and ate out for 2 weeks.  However, I am so thankful for the time we got up there.  The weather was perfect and I truly thought Seoul was beautiful!  I will always cherish all the time I got with Carlie right before our family changed. 

Seoul Tower!  On the hike up to the tower all the Koreans were in love with Carlie and Miriam and kept stopping us to take pictures of the girls.  At one point I realized they weren't taking pictures of Carlie they were actually taking pictures of my ginormous stomach!
 Sarah and Miriam!
 GWENIE!!!
 At a royal temple-garden-house-place right in the middle of the city!
 Flower Market!


 Carlie loved having her Auntie vist!




Gwenie celebrating her birthday!
 Baby table - out for gelato 4 hours before I went into labor!
View of North Korea from Seoul Tower.
This is the park Carlie got to play at while we were waiting - she wasn't complaining ;-)!


We spent Halloween in Seoul.  Yongsan Army post had their Trick or Treating the Saturday before Halloween (thank goodness, Tessa arrived on Halloween ;-).  We had a great night tromping around the post housing (it was just like any American neighborhood), the weather was perfect, there were tons of fall tree and lots of families had decorated their houses. 








No comments: