Sunday, June 13, 2010

Busy girls!

I realized after our last post that it might seem like we have been sitting around and moping since Joe has left.  While we have certainly been sad (of course) we have definitely not been sitting around!  Besides all our daily adventures I am still part of 2 book clubs, story time volunteer at the library and recently decided to join the Aviano Officer's Spouses Club as the scholarship chair.  This turned out to be a larger job than I was expecting, I was given over 65 scholarship application packets and $20,000 to award to high school seniors in 2 1/2 weeks.  The last couple weeks of work were all worth it when I got to announce the winners at the awards assembly and see the proud smiles of the students and their families!  I also learned what it takes to write an awesome scholarship essay (/I will be filing that away for the day Carlie applies for scholarships ;-). 

 Here is a glimpse of what we have been doing the last few weeks!


Trying desperately to coax a butterfly to land on her during our visit to the butterfly museum with our friends last Sunday after church. 
Laughing hysterically with Kelsey!
Eskimo kisses with Kelsay!
Sadly, we won't be able to have vegetable garden like last year becasue we will be in the states most of the summer.  However, we did plant some pumpkins - which should be big by the time Joe gets back!
Showing me how big her pumpkins are going to be!!
Cool castle - she wanted to take this picture to show daddy!
I went to Michael Buble in Verona - AMAZING night!!
Watering the pumpkins.
Watering Carlie!!!
Which lead to going down the slip-n-slide in her pantyshorts!  She hadn't gone down since last summer and she was just sort of scooting down it - so I had to show her how to get a running start and jump up before you slide down. It was so fun and I was only a little sore from hitting a few rocks ;-)!!


Slip-n-slide dance! 
We stayed at the beach for a couple of nights with all the girls and we brought our favorite babysitter so I got to go out each night with all the other mommies!
Carlie decided she needed to wash the sand off her buns in the water and of course she had to pull her suit down ;-)!
We are not a countdown family (we try to just enjoy everyday to the fullest and because return dates ALWAYS change), however Carlie was having a hard time grasping just how long Joe will be gone.  To give her a visual, I filled a jar with kisses and she gets one everyday he is gone.  I think she got it because I overheard her explaining it to Kelsey she said,"I get a chocolate kiss everyday and when my daddy gets back I get REAL kisses from him!!" 

1 comment:

Laura Zorich said...

I just had to get my Carlie fix! We miss her (and you) so much! Love the new pics, especially the buns! =)